Composite Veneers vs Porcelain Veneers
What is the difference between composite and porcelain veneers?
If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are an easy and fast option.
Veneers are thin shell that has as function to cover imperfections.
They are adhered to the outer-surface of the tooth and gives you a perfect smile with a natural look.
The perfect option to correct a wide range of dental issues
- You can avoid gaps and cracks.
- Give a better look to teeth that are stained.
- Fix uneven spaces or a large gap between the upper front teeth.
- Arrange crooked or misshapen teeth look.
They are made from a tooth-colored filling material bonded to the tooth.
This kind are the most affordable and fast. The set up of resin can take between 6 to 8 hours.
The life span is shorter than the porcelain ones. They can last from 3 to 10 years depending on your dental care.
Above all, they are easier to fix if they get any damage.
They are some thin shells that are build exclusively to fit on each tooth.
This kind of veneers are certainly the most strong and long-lasting.
Its price is a bit higher than the composite ones, but it’s worth it.
- They have a natural-looking surface.
- The life cycle is from 10 to 20 years.
- They don’t stain easily.
Before you get your veneers
Is important to know that:
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy.
- If you have bruxism problems it is necessary that you use a retainer.
- In some cases is necessary to do a gums cut procedure.
- There are some food that you cannot eat after you get your new smile, this to prevent cracks or gaps.
In conclusion, veneers are good option to get an smile makeover, if you are interested in getting a new smile is easy to get a quote.